October 9, 2021
Tickets available starting August 10th.
Host a Tailgate Party!
Be part of the Genesee Valley Hunt Races on October 9, 2021
One of the best ways to celebrate a fine Fall day at the races is with a tailgate picnic. Invite your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, hobby group, volunteer organization, church group, school class!
Lay out a picnic spread in the back of your SUV, mini-cooper, pick-up – any vehicle works, or even bring a table. Whether your style is grand — linen tablecloths, silver chafing dishes and crystal goblets – or rustic – chips and PB&J – create a personalized tailgate experience that you and your guests will enjoy!
Recipe for hosting a Tailgate Party
- Reserve an infield or outfield parking spot (ranging from $150 to $350)
- Pack your vehicle to the legal limit with passengers and goodies
- Additional guests purchase General Admissions tickets ($12 pre-purchase at gvhraces.com or Wegmans, or Bank of Castile) and join you at your parking space
- Eat, Drink, Be Merry!
Enter the Tailgate Competition
Decide which category you wish to compete in:
- Best Culinary Experience
- Best Hunt/Equestrian Theme
- Best New York State Farm to Tailgate
Guest chefs/celebrities judge the tailgates on their presentation and taste. They award first, second, and third places in each category. First-place winners receive $150 gift certificates.
Judging promptly starts at 11:15 AM
Entry fee: $5.00
Entries may be submitted on race day at the Information Tent before 11:00 am.
All proceeds from the Tailgate Competition support Golisano Children’s Hospital, U of R Medical Center.