Saturday, October 12, 2024
Host a Tailgate Party!
Be part of the Genesee Valley Hunt Races on October 14, 2023
One of the best ways to celebrate a fine Fall day at the races is with a tailgate picnic. Invite your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, hobby group, volunteer organization, church group, school class!
Lay out a picnic spread in the back of your SUV, mini-cooper, pick-up – any vehicle works, or even bring a table. Whether your style is grand — linen tablecloths, silver chafing dishes and crystal goblets – or rustic – chips and PB&J – create a personalized tailgate experience that you and your guests will enjoy!
Recipe for hosting a Tailgate Party
- Reserve an infield or outfield parking spot (ranging from $150 to $350)
- Pack your vehicle to the legal limit with passengers and goodies
- Additional guests purchase General Admissions tickets ($15 pre-purchase at gvhraces.com or Bank of Castile) and join you at your parking space
- Eat, Drink, Be Merry!
Enter the Tailgate Competition
Parking Patrons are welcome to enter the GVH Races Grand Tailgate Contest. A $20 entry fee is required (can be paid at time of parking space purchase, or by 10:45 AM at Information tent on race day). ALL entry fees are donated to area food pantries.
Grand Tailgate winner (best overall) receives rosette & restaurant gift certificate
Additionally, judges will be awarding prizes in the following categories (entrants no longer need to designate category)
- Best Culinary Experience
- Best Hunt/Equestrian Theme
- Best New York State Farm to Tailgate
Guest chefs/celebrities judge the tailgates on their presentation and taste. They award first, second, and third places in each category. First-place winners receive restaurant gift certificates.
Judging promptly starts at 11:00 AM
Entry fee: $20.00
Entries may be submitted on race day at the Information Tent before 10:45 am.
All proceeds from the Tailgate Competition support the Avon & Geneseo/Groveland Emergency Food Pantries.
General Information for Reserved Parking
- Carry in/Carry out Policy. Please plan to contain trash from your tailgate picnic and take it with you at the end of the day.
- Gold and Silver parking passes include admission for passengers in vehicle (legal capacity) and must be purchased in advance.
- The area between the race course snow fence and the white vinyl Gold Parking strip is to be kept open for the general public to view the races.
- Bronze parking tickets include admission for passengers in vehicle (legal capacity) and will also be available at Gate 6 on Race Day ($100). A Bronze pass allows occupancy of ONE vehicle space in the Bronze Parking Area.
- In consideration of race viewers, tents or awnings are NOT permitted. The only exception is Silver parking spaces 201-230, where tents do not block the view of the course.
- Generators, excessively lound music and over-crowding of reserved spaces is prohibitied. Please be considerate.
- Fires (in grills or pits) are prohibited.
- A 7-foot height limit applies to all rserved spaces.
- It is a condition of the issuance of tickets that all attendants shall hold the Genesee Valley Hunt Races, its sponsorts, landowners and beneficiaries harmless for any damage, loss, or accident.
- Races run rain or shine
- All tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE