Farmers Market / Vendor Reservation
Seven years ago we launched a NY food and wine vendor area at the Genesee Valley Hunt Races after obtaining a Farmer’s Market Permit from NYS Dept. of Ag and Markets. It has been a huge success for vendors – and certainly appreciated by the crowds and tailgaters at this century-old, family oriented event! Our Farmers Market goes hand-in-hand with our Agri-Center, which features a petting zoo and interactive agricultural education activities. This area is always bustling with activity all day!
We think this event offers the perfect demographic for your products!
GVH Hunt Races Farmers Market
3330 Nations Rd, Geneseo, NY 14454
Intersection of Nations and Roots Tavern Roads
(physical address for GPS or Mapquest—not mailing address)
Saturday, October 8, 2016
10:00AM – 4:00PM
Genesee Valley Hunt, Inc
$130 - includes vendor tent area of 10 X 12 feet
Questions & Information
Viviennne Roe, Organizer
NY Wineries Welcome!
NYS Ag & Markets Farmers’ Market designation enables NY wineries to sell NY labeled wine by the bottle. (Wineries are no longer required to obtain a “no fee” permit from the SLA)
NEW! NY Craft Breweries Welcome!
NY “craft breweries” (producing 60, 000 barrels/year or less) can now sell their beer by the bottle at bona fide farmers’ markets. Please bring any applicable permits with you to the GVH Races.
Special Discount for Farm Bureau members
The local county chapters of NY Farm Bureau have partnered with us in organizing the Agri-Center. In appreciation, we are offering Farm Bureau members who feature home-grown or home produced products a $30 discount off their space in the Farmers Market
Genesee Valley Hunt Races Vendor Instructions
These instructions will also be emailed to you after submission
- Vendors should be set up and vehicles removed from grounds by 9:00 a.m. on Race Day (October 8). No vehicles will be allowed on the grounds during the event.
- Vendors who want to set up Friday evening need to contact Vivienne Roe. The area WILL NOT be guaranteed secure throughout the night, although we will have someone on the grounds all night.
- Booth space dimensions will be enforced – if your display will overflow specified booth areas, please purchase an additional booth section.
- Please indicate need for electricity on form.
- After unloading, parking is available in the General Parking area across Nations Rd.
- Each vendor will be sent four (4) general admission tickets for helpers. If you need more tickets, please order them on the reservation form at the discounted price of $10 each.
- Vendor vehicles will be readmitted on to the grounds after 4:00 pm. for teardown and loading.
- Please contact Vivienne Roe with any questions concerning vendor exhibits: phone 585-831-2989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org