Be part of the Genesee Valley Hunt Races on October 14
Owners will need to purchase general admission tickets ($15 at the gate, $12 presale at shop.gvhraces.com, Wegmans, or Bank of Castile branches.) Children ages 12 and under are free. General Parking is free.
Pre-Entry Fee of $20.00
Includes two races per entrant, on the flat and over hurdles, including heats and finals where applicable.
- Entries should be postmarked no later than October 6th to be considered pre-entry and payment must accompany entry.
- Post entries will be accepted on race day only to fill a heat and for a post entry fee of $30.
- Owners may race more than one terrier but must have one handler for each terrier.
- All terriers must be muzzled when racing.
- Terrier race proceeds to benefit Golisano Children's Hospital and local youth canine groups.
- Parking and entrance to the Race Meet is at the expense of the participant. Proceeds to benefit Golisano Children’s Hospital.
- Practice racing session, for novice terriers only, starts promptly at 10:00 AM.
- Race course length is approximately 150 feet in length with start box (6 dogs per heat).
- Volunteers to catch terriers will be greatly appreciated.
Class 1 - Puppies 6-12 months (may be split male/female if entries warrant)
Class 2 - Adult JRT Under, under 12.5” (may be split male/female if entries warrant)
Class 3 - Adult JRT Over, 12.5” and over (may be split male/female if entries warrant)
Class 4 - Veteran JRT Under, under 12.5”, 6 years of age and older,male & female
5 - Veteran JRT Over, 12.5” and over, 6 years of age and older,male & female
6 - Adult Other Under, Other Terrier Breed (Non-Jack Russell) under 12.5”
7 - Adult Other Over, Other Terrier Breed (Non-Jack Russell) 12.5” up to 17”
Rosettes Awarded for 6 places in all finals Adult Under & Over, and CHAMPION & RESERVE CHAMPION